Tutu a Mineira
2 lbs black beans
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 lb. sausage (Kielbasa or similar), thinly sliced
1 lb. bacon, chopped into small pieces (1/4")
1 cup corn flour or yucca (cassava) flour
4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
2 tablespoons oil or pork fat
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak beans overnight. Cook beans until tender (1:30
to 2 hours). Blend the beans and water until it becomes a creamy texture.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil (or pork lard) in a large pot and saute the
sausage and the bacon until it is golden brown. Finally, add the garlic.
3. Stir in the blended beans and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and
slowly add the corn flour, stirring continuously, until getting a mixture that
can be eaten with a spoon. Remove from heat.
4. Garnish with slices of hard boiled egg.
5. Serve with arroz branco (white rice).